Re: Re: just testing

From: Ray Irons (rayirons@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Fri Apr 04 2008 - 14:34:53 EDT

http://www.pashnit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=168115&postcount=91<>

> Nice!...Where's Lassen at?

Lassen Peak is in north eastern California, at the
southern end of the Cascades. Heres the Wikipedia
article on it. It explains it better and faster then I
can.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lassen_Volcanic_National_Park

I also found another thread I wrote on the forum from
when I rode to Lassen in Aug of 06. You can still see
the snow along the road and in one of the pic you can
see just how deep it was that year.

http://www.pashnit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=94157&postcount=1

> I packed a lunch and took off for Lassen. Just a
>short hundred mile ride for a solo picnic. Gave me a
>good chance to clear my head and calm my nerves. I
>figure I was suffering from PMS, Parked Motorcycle
>Syndrome!<>
>
> PMS! Ya gotta be a seasonal rider to appreciate
> THAT!

Not so much seasonal. My finacee has 4 daughters, ages
14, 12,10 and 9. My then 12yo son was here visiting me
and my grandson age 6 was here. Between all of them
with the bickering arguing and fussing, I needed a day
off. Doing the Dad/grandpa thing, I wasn't getting
enough seat time to maintain good karma.

> Susan e-mailed me from work & told me to stop workin
> on the house (day off)
> & go put
> some miles on the X Bones...Gotta keep er below
> 50mph for the first 50
> miles. Can't
> shift to 6th until 55! Needless to say, by the time
> I picked Susan up at
> work the odometer read 52,,,
> We DID hit 6th on I787 & I90 on the way home from
> bowling (619 triple)!
>
> DOH! A pic posted to a forum! Why didn't I think of
> THAT?
> Here's one:

http://www.v-twinforum.com/gallery/data/500/thumbs/crossbones_6.jpg

Nice looking bike! Pic is kinda small though. Since
you are a rider, I'd like to extend a invitation to
come join us at Pashnit.com. I'm pretty sure we got a
couple members in the New York area on the forum.

Ray

Some risk is necessary in life. Without risk, the new world wouldn't have been discovered, man wouldn't have landed on the moon and we wouldn't ride motorcycles.