Re: Language

From: Dustin Williams (dustinewilliams@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Apr 11 2008 - 15:15:00 EDT

> Are your grannies from germany?
> When I am in the us every second has his family roots in germany or was during the world war here.

Both of my grandfathers were exempted from the draft during WWII with
farm deferrals, I guess the draft board wanted somebody to stay at
home to be able to feed an 11 million man army. To find my family
roots in Germania as it was at the time, you would have to go back a
good 1200+ years to the Anglo-Saxon-Jute invasion of England. So, if
you really want to make an everybody is German argument, just about
everybody with roots in Europe or North Africa is descended from the
Germanic Tribes.