Re: Electrical PITA

From: Ray Irons (rayirons@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2008 - 13:11:21 EDT

Bad battery. I just had the same thing happen in my
Finacee's Jeep Cherokee. She went out to go to work
and it started fine. Forgot something in the house and
shut it off to unlock the house and when she went to
start it again, same thing you describe. As near as I
could tell, a cell shorted out and caused the same
symptoms as your Dak. I tried cleaning the terminals,
and clamps, put my charger on it and the needle
started swinging back and forth indicating an internal
short. I took the battery into Napa and when they
checked it it showed 12+ volts but as soon as they
applied a load it dropped to less then 1 volt. Take
your battery to Auto Zone, Advance, Napa, Kragen
someplace that can test it and see what ya got.

HTH,

Ray