Re: Carfax, anyone?

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Wed May 07 2008 - 12:58:22 EDT

On Tue, May 6, 2008 12:51 am, Dustin Williams said:

> If you cut out the four
> months of snow, that would leave 8 months of riding time.

Sorry, you didn't really deserve such a snarky response. I wasn't having a
good day on Monday.

So, motorcycles... I've already considered the idea, years ago. I concluded
that me, on a motorcycle, in metro Toronto traffic, is a Bad Idea. Do you
know anyone who is so uncoordinated and accident prone that they generally
shouldn't be allowed to do moderately dangerous things like ride a motorcycle
in traffic, or use power tools, or run with scissors? Yeah, that's me.
Between the suicidal nature of the whole notion, and the expense of the bike
plus all the gear plus the riding course plus insurance plus storage plus who
knows what else, I don't think it would save enough during the six months of
riding time to be worthwhile.

> do you and your wife actually need to have two pickups?

Nope. Absolutely not. That's why I was shopping for cars in the first place.
 If I could afford to plunk down $10,000 or so on a vehicle, I'd do it in a
heartbeat. Unfortunately the only thing I can find in my dirt-cheap price
range is a bunch of 15-year-old rustbuckets. Given a choice between my own
rustbucket and someone else's, I think I'll stick with the one I know for as
long as possible, or at least until I can dig us out from underneath the
crushing weight of credit card debt.

Not looking for sympathy or anything, just trying to describe the problem I'm
working on resolving.