Re: Best MPG Num-bar EVAR

From: Chris Reck (chris_blm@comcast.net)
Date: Wed May 07 2008 - 21:30:46 EDT

My mest mileage in my truck was 21 even in June 2006. I drove 289.9 miles
on 14.305 gallons along highway 24 in indiana. It's half a 4 lane and half
a 2 lane road doing 60 mph with very few stops. This was even with a Jet
stage 1 chip and 32x11.5r15 Wranglers AT TA/KO tires.

For a non-truck best was 35.6 mpg (entire trip total) in a rented Chevy
Cobalt. I took it on an 850 mile trip to Eau Claire, WI and back last
weekend. I was averaging 73 MPH (per onboard computer).

Now I'll have to see how my sister's 2002 Ford Focus holds up. She's
selling it to me at a bargain that I can't pass up.

Chris Reck
Bloomington, IL

'99 Dakota Sport + CC 4x4 V6 (Deep Amethyst)
"It's not the meat, it's how you apply the rub"