Re: tire help

From: Bill Pitz (bill@pitz.net)
Date: Fri May 09 2008 - 20:08:39 EDT

ffastje wrote:

> I need to get tires but I am a bit overwhelmed. need a good tire at a
> good price.
> No bad year mangler's. please help TIA

What kind of tire are you looking for? What that really boils down to
is what kind of driving you do with your truck.

All street? Fair weather, or severe weather (i.e. snow/ice)?

A little off-road? Lots of off-road?

Based on that, you can get into a category of tire. From there, I'd
suggest taking a look at Tire Rack and weighing the reviews against
price to decide on the best tire for you. If you have a good, local,
reputable tire shop in your area, they can likely provide you with some
guidance too.

I have been running the BFG ATs on my truck for a while now, but it is
no longer my daily driver so the slight mileage hit from running a more
aggressive tire is not very important to me. (And it is mostly driven
to off-road destinations with my atv)

-Bill