RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Throttle stuck after TB cleaned

From: Ken Allgood (kenallgood@cox.net)
Date: Sat May 10 2008 - 10:52:03 EDT

TB was not dropped, blades were not removed. The 3 components on the sides of the TB (TPS, etc) were all removed before cleaning. I had a chance to look at it more today. What seems to be happening is it is sticking open just a little more than it should at idle. I can get this to happen without any of the linkages hooked to the TB, so that's not it. When opening it manually, I can feel it wanting to resist, like it's grabbing or something. The reason the pedal feels, umm, different I guess, is because the TB hasn't returned all the way back to the idle position, then wants to resist a little when first pushing in. So, the problem is really around the idle position with the TB...

Ken