RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Throttle stuck after TB cleaned - FIXED!

From: Ken Allgood (kenallgood@cox.net)
Date: Sat May 10 2008 - 13:27:49 EDT

Ok, looks like it was the bushing/bearings after all. I went ahead and pulled the TB off all the way, and something I noticed is that 1 - it felt like it was binding/resisting with the butterflies at 1/2 way open (45 deg angle), and 2 - There was a noticable squeak coming from it when opening the butterflies, and sounded like it was coming from the bushing/bearing in the middle. So put some antiseize in there, worked it in, squeak is gone, and no longer binding at 45 deg angle. The stiffness at near-idle point is so hard to tell when adjusting by hand, I couldn't tell if it was completely gone or not, but went ahead and worked some antiseize in on the side bushing/bearings as well. Put it back on, and all is well.

  So, I guess it was doing it while the engine was off too, just hard to tell. Anyway, thanks for the help!

Ken Allgood