RE: Throttle stuck after TB cleaned - FIXED!

From: Biff Byrum (bbyrum9@foothill.net)
Date: Sun May 11 2008 - 00:59:45 EDT

I don't think it's worth arguing about Bernd. Unless someone is sitting
around holding a TB in their hand while typing, (which I am) they're not
going to understand.

I'd like to see someone explain to me how a little bit of contaminant in the
center bore can overcome the torque of the shaft spring.

In looking at mine I see a slight streak on the passenger bore, top side.
It's obvious that the gunk from the leaky plenum gasket has been rubbed
away. But who knows if that isn't just some buildup on the edge of the
butterfly. And no, it has absolutely no effect upon opening and closing.

I know it seems strange that a butterfly could work loose in service, but
I've seen staked butterflies on old carbs work loose. Who knows? Maybe the
shaft wasn't perfectly tangent or the bores wern't perfectly line bored.

By the way, Bernd, that old 95 of mine with 484 on the clock is back on the
road, all Kaleforneia legal. I'll post the numbers in a while. Biff Byrum