Re: 318 fuel economy

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sun May 11 2008 - 23:03:48 EDT

Terrible Tom wrote:

> With Christine in previous stock premag form, I was pushing low 20s on
> the highway for fuel economy.
>
> Being that I have not finished her V8 conversion - I have not had a
> chance to see how the 318 performs for fuel economy.
>
> I know what kind of milage my pig Ram gets with its 360 V8 - 11-12 ish...
>
> So I'm wondering what you folks with 318's have seen for fuel economy.
> Is it unrealistic to hope for 19-20 on the highway if I drive granny-style?
>
> If I can hope to get 20-ish fuel economy... I'll attempt to finish her
> up and get her out east this summer... if not... its Neon time.

Replying to my own post here - I see the offical EPA numbers are not
gentle. For a 1995 318 auto 4x4 dakota... Old EPA system shows 14 city,
17 highway, 15 combined.

2008 Revised system calculates it at 12 city, 16 highway, 14 combined.

So much for hoping to get close to 20... With my mud tires, body lift,
offroad lights, and gear I'll be hauling... I'd be lucky to get 15.

Damn.

The Mopar Enthusiasts Crunch Team http://tinyurl.com/32g3qj
An ordinary person spends his life avoiding tense situations!
Repo man spends his life gettin' IN tense situations!!!
TerribleTom - AIM & Yahoo: silvereightynine
http://www.myspace.com/silvereightynine
http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine