DML Re: Changing out the ECU

From: Tom Ware (tomdamit@att.net)
Date: Sun May 18 2008 - 13:35:12 EDT

Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 19:55:32 -0500
From: "Brian" <hskr@cox.net>
Subject: DML: RE: Changing out the ECU

No need to run premium fuel with the Mopar PCM.  I've been running a Mopar
PCM with 89 octane for over 5 years with no problems what so ever, and my
truck it modified quite a bit.  Also, back when gas broke the $2 a gallon
mark I had my '99 R/T with the Mopar PCM.  I swore I wasn't going to pay $2
a gallon for gas(funny how that worked out) so tried putting my stock PCM
back in to run the regular unleaded.  Unfortunately, with the stock PCM, my
fuel mileage decreased to the point where I wasn't saving any money by
running the cheaper gas because I was getting worse gas mileage.  Put the
Mopar PCM back in and never looked back.

brian cropp

Thanks to all who responded.  I'll give the 89 a try and see how it goes.  Then maybe even regular.  I find it difficult to understand since Mopar tech line said 92 octane would have to be used with the Mopar Perf. PCM (ECU).  I will say that my mileage hasn't changed much even after going from 3:55 to 4:00 in the rearend after the computer switch.
Tom Ware