RE: Changing out the ECU

From: Brian (hskr@cox.net)
Date: Sat May 17 2008 - 20:55:32 EDT

No need to run premium fuel with the Mopar PCM. I've been running a Mopar
PCM with 89 octane for over 5 years with no problems what so ever, and my
truck it modified quite a bit. Also, back when gas broke the $2 a gallon
mark I had my '99 R/T with the Mopar PCM. I swore I wasn't going to pay $2
a gallon for gas(funny how that worked out) so tried putting my stock PCM
back in to run the regular unleaded. Unfortunately, with the stock PCM, my
fuel mileage decreased to the point where I wasn't saving any money by
running the cheaper gas because I was getting worse gas mileage. Put the
Mopar PCM back in and never looked back.

brian cropp