Re: ot help 94 escort

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sat May 31 2008 - 12:55:12 EDT

ffastje wrote:

> wife car would not start after shut off . cleaned battery and terminals.
> still no start I think i can hear the starter click but im not sure. im
> going to work on getting it out and have it tested. is there any thing
> else i should look at TIA
> ps Who's funny idea was to jam all that shit under the hood

I dont remember where the starter is mounted on the Escort engine...
probably up front... I had a 94 Escort wagon but I never had to mess
with the starter.

On the Neon however I had an intermittant problem where it would not
start. Then it would start... ended up being that the ground cable had
rubbed away on the side of the engine block over the years and there was
something like 3 strands of copper left giving it ground... never saw
the problem because the insulation was still holding the cable together
and it was worn away on the back side...

I changed the cables and cleaned up all the connections - good as new.

If you have checked the connections and the cables, and you can hear the
starter solenoid click - its a safe assumption to say the starter itself
is probably shot. However there can be other things... ignition switch,
bad battery, low battery charge, etc

The Mopar Enthusiasts Crunch Team http://tinyurl.com/32g3qj
An ordinary person spends his life avoiding tense situations!
Repo man spends his life gettin' IN tense situations!!!
TerribleTom - AIM & Yahoo: silvereightynine
http://www.myspace.com/silvereightynine
http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine