Re: RE: Odometer Reset

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Thu Jun 05 2008 - 10:06:47 EDT

Bernd D. Ratsch wrote:

> Nope...we can only reset/change the mileage in the PCM (which is only for
> the timers - not actual mileage). It also depends on the year/model of the
> vehicle. The newer clusters are VIN specific and can cause anything from a
> no-start condition to just a mild check engine light on. What year is this
> for anyway - that makes a huge difference.
>
> - Bernd

Nevermind - two of the three cars I was looking at have "total loss" and
a "salvage title" issued. Best $30 bucks I ever spent (Carfax account)

The Mopar Enthusiasts Crunch Team http://tinyurl.com/32g3qj
An ordinary person spends his life avoiding tense situations!
Repo man spends his life gettin' IN tense situations!!!
TerribleTom - AIM & Yahoo: silvereightynine
http://www.myspace.com/silvereightynine
http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine