Re: Power Wagon and Willys for sale, need pricing suggestions

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Fri Jun 06 2008 - 17:29:27 EDT

"Jason Bleazard" <dml@bleazard.net> wrote:

> jon@dakota-truck.net said:
>>
>> Actually, if
>> the Jeep is in as good condition as you describe, (and it does look
>> pretty good, IIRC) it'd be a shame to relegate it to a parts vehicle.

> True enough, I just figured you probably don't need two of them. Or, maybe
> you do. One to drive while you're doing an engine transplant on the other,
> perhaps?

   Technically, I probably don't really need one of them. ;-) It'd
be one thing if a vehicle fell into my lap for free, but unfortunately
I can't justify buying another, which I'd have neither the time nor the
money to allocate to at this juncture. :-( Heck, I haven't even
found the time to get more than one of my vehicles out of storage so
far this year, and that one has been driven all of 300 feet, just get
parked in a different garage. The only reason that one got out of
storage is because it was blocking some stuff that I needed to get to.
:-P

   I actually just did have a vehicle fall into my lap for free - a
'62ish Dodge truck. It was painful to have to turn it down, but it
needed a pretty fair amount of rust repair and everything mechanical
would have needed to be gone through and/or replaced. I thought about
dragging it home on the off chance that I'd get to it one of these
days, but I've already got one car that needs finishing, two more in
the queue behind that one which haven't even been started yet. It
would have cost me $50 (plus gas) to rent a trailer to bring it home;
if I had my own flatbed then yeah I probably would have dragged it out
of the weeds, but it didn't seem worth spending actual money to get it
home. Plus, it was located at a home that had just sold and the new
owner had expressed an interest in the truck, so I decided to leave it
there for him.

--
                                          -Jon-