Re: Back to the Odometer Topic

From: David Gersic (info@zaccaria-pinball.com)
Date: Sun Jun 08 2008 - 21:01:47 EDT

On Sunday 08 June 2008 07:25 pm, knox.james@sympatico.ca wrote:
> Hey , Take it easy on Tom :-)

I did. I didn't suggest a depth gauge.

> My 91 Dak has a tach in the instrument
> panel, however you momenarly take your eyes off the road to look at it.

Yep, my '01 has the same thing. It's ok, but even though I'm driving a 5sp
here, it's not all that useful most of the time.

> my youth I drove standards raising the rpm till the valves floated
> listening to engine rev.

I shift well before valve float here. I'm not racing it, just driving.

> Now I run with 2 tachs for dragstrip efficency.

That's a whole different ballgame. For racing applications, yeah, a tach is
going to be helpful, especially one you can see without taking your eyes off
the road ahead. And a useful shift light is good too. The stock Dak shift
light is, well, almost but not entirely unlike useful.

> For Tom, get yourself a spare clutch cable for the 01 neon.

And the pontoons option, just in case...