Won't start (longish)

From: Jon N. Benignus (blkwidow1@primary.net)
Date: Thu Jun 19 2008 - 12:25:21 EDT

I say skip the reman ECU question and splice in an old style external
voltage regulator. I did it on my 89, and I'll do it again on my 94
ECU when it starts giving me problems. I can't remember the procedure
off hand, but if you search the archives, you'll find my post as well
as whoever I learned it from. It's pretty simple.

The only things I've ever fried by overcharging (as a result of VR
malfunction) were the battery and alternator. Fried battery makes
sense... Fried alt becomes a question similar to that of the chicken
and the egg.

Don in CT
89/94 Dak Vert 318 NV3500 4x4
74 Dart Sport 340

Overcharging is no longer my problem. It's not starting! No start, no charge!

LOL
And, thanks for the tip on the external reg, I did an archive search and found
that. Good info!