Re: caliper on fire update

From: Rick Barnes (rsb7424@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jun 22 2008 - 19:06:27 EDT

Frances,
Bob and I had the same thing happen to our trucks and it was a bad
brake booster. Its pretty common on our trucks. The adjuster on the
booster that goes into the master cylinder has likely come loose and
is now backing out so that you do not have enough slack in your brakes
to allow the caliper pistons to back off the brake pads. Thus, you
are going to have the brakes lock up again regardless of your new
calipers.

Rascal