Re: Re: Gen II

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Fri Jun 27 2008 - 02:02:04 EDT

Jon N. Benignus wrote:

> on 6/25/08 5:49 AM, Don Rey at radon220@gmail.com wrote:
>

>>When it comes to the engine (and its brackets), the mounts are
>>interchangeable from the LA engines to the magnums (3.9 included). Its
>>the frame that differs... or more specifically the space between the
>>brackets welded on the frame. To your point, Jim, I wonder when that
>>changed.
>

> Don't be confused with the "LA" and "Magnum" monikers for engines.
> The Magnum series engines are still LA engines. They recieved the
> designation as they got the high swirl heads and oiled through the pushrods.
> The block can be drilled to make it like the "old" engine.
> Still the same series, only better.
> There is even a LA based 4 banger from MoPar Performance.

Sorry to be a nitpicker - heh... but the LA designation was pretty much
dropped when the Magnum modifications came into production engines. To
call the 2001 360CI V8 engine in my Dodge Ram an LA motor, would be a
bit incorrect... in my book.

TerribleTom! New and improved for 2008! Twice As TERRIBLE!
Twice as INSANE! Now with Kung Foo Grip! *batteries not included*
The Mopar Enthusiasts Crunch Team http://tinyurl.com/32g3qj