Re: Re: Gen II

From: Jon N. Benignus (blkwidow1@primary.net)
Date: Wed Jun 25 2008 - 08:03:56 EDT

on 6/25/08 5:49 AM, Don Rey at radon220@gmail.com wrote:

> When it comes to the engine (and its brackets), the mounts are
> interchangeable from the LA engines to the magnums (3.9 included). Its
> the frame that differs... or more specifically the space between the
> brackets welded on the frame. To your point, Jim, I wonder when that
> changed.

Don't be confused with the "LA" and "Magnum" monikers for engines.
The Magnum series engines are still LA engines. They recieved the
designation as they got the high swirl heads and oiled through the pushrods.
The block can be drilled to make it like the "old" engine.
Still the same series, only better.
There is even a LA based 4 banger from MoPar Performance.