Re: RE: caliper on fire

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Fri Jun 27 2008 - 14:16:26 EDT

"Bernd D. Ratsch" <bernd@dodgetrucks.org> wrote:

> Any brake lathe will turn the Powerslots. They just have to turn them in
> smaller increments (.005" max at a time).

   Speaking of brake lathes, are they still in fairly common use?
I've seen them pop up on craigslist from time to time, sometimes at
pretty reasonable prices. I've been tempted :-) but I have resisted
so far simply because I can't think of a time when I would have needed
one. With today's cheap rotors, anytime I've had a vehicle with a
rotor problem where a lathe might have been an option, the rotor was
so far gone as to be garbage anyway... :-(

--
                                          -Jon-