Re: RE: power slot ?

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Fri Jun 27 2008 - 14:10:07 EDT

"Brian" <hskr@cox.net> wrote:

> If you are going to bleed the brakes, You need to bleed the whole system.
> Start with the rear passenger side, the rear drivers side, then front
> passenger side and finish on the front divers side. And I still say you may
> have damaged the brake lines.

  If you've got rear wheel ABS, depending on your year and
configuration, you might also have an ABS module (modulator/valve)
which needs bleeding. My '92 Ram has one on the driver's side
framerail, above the rear axle. My memory is a bit fuzzy on this, but
I *think* the FSM recommends bleeding the ABS module first, then the
sequence that Brian posted, so: ABS, RR, LR, RF, LF. I always get
confused on that, because the ABS module isn't the furthest bleeder
from the master cylinder, but maybe it gets bled first because it is
the highest?

--
                                          -Jon-