Re: Turbo Dakota Shenanigans

From: rll (charger69rt@cox.net)
Date: Mon Jun 30 2008 - 02:31:20 EDT

hello list

my dakota left on may 10 replaced by a 2007 hemi quad 4x4 ....but i
thought i would
post some observations.

the turbo in the box or way in the back seem to have a number of super
performers.

the large volume of air involved seems to eliminate the normal " turbo
lag" problems.

the biggest problem seems to be that the air intake sometimes is behind
the rear wheel.

This is not the most dust/dirt free area.

inside the box is really a step up for an intake location for a turbo.

my 69 charger has much more room in the muffler bays for a turbo than in
the engine
compartment.

all the plumbing would be a nightmare but i think some of the new
corvettes have figured it out.

i wonder how many people think that dakota is so funny after they were
blown off the road????

rob/ferts/phx