Re: Call me stupid...no, blind...

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Tue Jul 01 2008 - 20:41:03 EDT

Hey, Jon...

<> I be dipped if I can find the crank position sensor on my 92 V6.
 I know, it's hiding somewhere back there on the bellhousing....it's hiding,
 that's for sure.<>

Been maybe 4 - 5 years since I replaced my TKS, but I seem to remember some
of it...
Get er up on a lift - I used my ramps - & reach up the passenger side of the
bell housing. if 12 o'clock is straight up, I'd say it's at 2 - 2:30
IIRC the 2 bolts are about 2-1/2 to 3 inches apart, & maybe 2 inches long...
If you've got one of them new-fangled shorty ratcheting wrenches that is the
correct size (which escapes me), it'll be a LOT easier...the inboard bolt
has no room around it to turn a conventional wrench or a ratchet...
HTH...
Good luck!

Bob (DAKSY) Smith
DAKSY2K on AIM