Re: 4.7 sludge fix

From: Ewraven (ewraven@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jul 03 2008 - 01:14:41 EDT

It isn't a 4.7 liter but I did have very very good success with
http://www.auto-rx.com

I picked up my 5.2 Dakota with 72,000 miles on it. The Plenum gasket
was blown out in four places yet even with fixing it, only like 25
percent of the pinging went away.

Running Sea Foam through the throttle body got rid of something like
another 25 percent of the pinging.

I'd always heard that Sea Foam in the oil was really not that great an
idea. So, I got some of that autorx stuff. I'd guess within like 30
miles of just adding it in, it fixed the rest of the pinging.

After the full cycle of running the Autorx, I started running
synthetic, Mobil 1 at first with an 8,000 mile oil change interval and
then at like 100,000 miles I switched over to Amsoil and am doing once
a year ~15,000 mile oil changes.

A good friend at the local Dodge Dealer replaced my valve cover
gaskets at like 120,000 miles. He was shocked at how clean the
valvetrain was, he said it looked brand new.

I'm not trying to sell the stuff, I have no affiliation, just say that
it worked excellent on my Dakota and swear by the stuff now.

The truck now has 134,000 miles on it and runs excellent!

Josh