Re: Willys and Power Wagon

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Sun Jul 06 2008 - 12:41:10 EDT

Terrible Tom wrote:

> Hey Jason? Any further developments on the rescue of some old iron?
>
> I've seen pics of that flatty and I would hate to see it go away :-(

Well, my grandmother just passed away a couple of weeks ago. That put
things on hold for a while. I was going to bring it back up in a few weeks.

My father and aunt definitely doesn't have any use for either of these
vehicles. They need the money a lot more. My dad's back in Alaska
right now finishing off his vacation (imagine coming home in the middle
of an eight-week Alaska adventure for your mother's funeral... not the
best vacation ever, but at least he managed to get back up there). He
said that when he gets back, he wants to get serious about selling the
truck and Jeep.

I did take a quick look at the Power Wagon when I was there, and it's in
a bit rougher shape than the last time I looked at it closely. My
cousin got his hands on it for a while, and kind of junked up the
interior and put a couple of new small dents in it. Still, it should
clean up pretty well with a bit of effort (I don't know whether they'll
put the effort in, or just sell it as-is). I didn't start it, but I've
been told it still runs fine. It apparently needs some minor repairs to
pass inspection, but nobody remembers exactly what kind of repairs.

If nobody here wants them, then my dad will probably just put them on
Craigslist or in the local paper. We just need to figure out an asking
price.