Front Stablizer Bar Bushings

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Sun Jul 13 2008 - 13:37:36 EDT

Hey, DML...
I made a fruitless attempt to change out the bushings on the DAKSY this AM.
I put a digital vernier caliper on the bar (1.093" OD), prior to ordering
the replacements thru NAPA. Well I ended up with 1.125 ID bushings & they
don't fit. I pulled the left side off & miked it & NOW it's at 1.405" but I
assume there's gotta be some wear after 144K mi...So I gotta reorder
tomorrow...Hopefully, they can get em overnite...
My second failure of the morning was removing the frame bushing retainers.
I don't seem to have the correct socket in my eclectic assortment of tools
to remove the upper fastener.
I think it's a 22mm, but can anyone with a GEN III confirm that? I can't get
the vernier in there squarely to get an accurate reading...
I tried a 7/8" (22.25mm) socket & it's a tad sloppy...13/16" (20.6375mm)
won't go, so it's either a 21mm or a 22...I spoze I could buy both & have
em, but my money is as tight as everybody else's...
What'd you guys find in there?
TIA!

Bob (DAKSY) Smith
DAKSY2K on AIM