Re: RE: Failed Colorado Emissions High NOx A little long....

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Sat Jul 19 2008 - 16:06:58 EDT

"Ray Block" <BPracing@wowway.com> wrote:

> Just a thought here....I don't have to deal with this in my area but it
> seems logical to me that your '99 Dak should only have to meet '99 emission
> standards. It seems unreasonable to me that you would have to somehow meet
> 2006 standards when the truck was not designed to do that. Are they
> perhaps testing to the wrong standards? I'd at least check with the
> testing station and any higher authority I could find.

   I found this chart: http://www.aircarecolorado.com/passenge.htm

   Which lists their emission requirements for all vehicles (even 1970
and older!), and although I cannot be sure, it looks as though they
just periodically go in and retroactively change all of the standards!
If so, that REALLY sucks, and I wonder if such a thing is even legal?
It is certainly not reasonable, but I wonder if it can be challenged
in court? This sort of thing flies in the face of centuries of legal
precedent established by western civilization.

   If they wanted to ban ALL vehicles from the road, what is to
prevent them from simply setting the limit so high that it would be
impossible for anyone to pass? That would certainly be challenged,
and just because their current limit is capable of being met by SOME
vehicles, does not seem to preclude this defense.

   Sounds like it may be time to establish a forwarding address in a
neighboring state. ;-)

--
                                          -Jon-