Re: Front diff fun... Dakvert drives again

From: Don Rey (radon220@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jul 21 2008 - 19:53:08 EDT

On 7/21/08, Mike Sykes <mikesykes@cox.net> wrote:

> Radiator from a Gen II V8 will bolt right up. It's almost shocking =)

Yep, that's what I have now. I was considering a thinner aftermarket
unit mounted forward of the stock position to allow for pullers.

> I used the flexalite 220 pushers (maybe it was the 230's.... um... been a
> few years... it ws 200 series dual pushers with AC relay) . I had to shim
> the condenser a little to get em' to slide in, but it was a perfect fit. The
> combination of the 180 t-stat, V8 rad, and pushers made it run too cool...
> had to go back to a 190 t-stat on the V6.

Humm.... too cool sounds excellent to me. It may be that I simply
bought crappy fans. I'm going to look into the flexalite 200 series. I
already have the fan t-stat w/ AC relay. Like you, I shimmed my
condenser to fit the pushers behind it (ie it pulls thru condenser,
pushes thru the radiator). Sounds like you have a nearly identical
setup to mine, except you have quality fans. Glad to hear your setup
works... my solution may be simpler than I had thought.

Don in CT