1996 Neon For Sale

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Mon Jul 28 2008 - 22:07:57 EDT

Blue 1996 Plymouth Neon, 3 speed auto SOHC 4 door - aprx 100K + miles
manual windows, locks, no tilt, no cruise, - has rear defroster.

new parts installed:

front and rear struts, mounts, coil springs
front calipers, pads, hardware, hoses
rear shoes, drums, springs, self adjsuters, hoses
all new polyarmor coated metal brake lines
all new polyarmor coated fuel lines
new front sway bar links
new drivers side outer tierod
newer aluminum radiator
rewer belts
new dual outlet muffler (DOHC style)
newer belts
Alternator is 2 years old
newer battery
02 Sensor replaced about a year and a half ago
head lights have been reconditiond to almost new, no haze
had a tune up about 12K miles ago - autolite 3923s
trans was serviced (fluid/filter) about a year ago - around 10K miles on
the fluid now.

used low milage head, put on 2 years ago, with new multi layer design
head gasket - new bolts, new radiator hoses, thermostat, intake gaskets,
timing belt

Gets me 28-29 MPG city 38-40 on the highway (driving the speed limits)

The Bad:

The engine rattles a little - as best as I can tell, and I've had
several other people listen to it, its not bottom end. Engine has no
knocks on the highway or under load. It just rattles at idle - either a
slight case of piston slap - or more likly its top end noise (valve train)

There is some minor rust, around the inside of the strut towers in the
front, a wire wheel and some paint will fix it - its not rusted through.

A couple rust spots on a couple of the doors... has a few dents and
dings - tires are about 35% tread.

It is an AC car, but the AC has been removed (no compressor,
filter/dryer, condensor, hoses

Power steering pump squeals once in a while (when cold)

Left turnsignal has to be turned off manually - the auto cancel stopped
working.

Windsheild cracked over the winter - if you have inspections in your
state its not going to pass without a new windsheild.

I have a few oil filters I can throw in as a bonus

The car has eibach 1.3 inch lowering springs in it now - its low and the
lowering helped with fuel economy a bit... but the ride is pretty harsh.
  If you want the coils swapped out with brand new stock height coils,
I'll do it for you - and I'll have the car aligned.

Asking $2500 - that price is pretty firm considering the vast amounts of
new parts that I put into it.

Interested - hit me offlist at silvereightynine@aol.com

I have receipts and fuel milage logs

TerribleTom! New and improved for 2008! Twice As TERRIBLE!
Twice as INSANE! Now with Kung Foo Grip! *batteries not included*
The Mopar Enthusiasts Crunch Team http://tinyurl.com/32g3qj