RE: Shelby

From: Ray Block (BPracing@wowway.com)
Date: Sun Aug 03 2008 - 09:04:45 EDT

Jim, if I remember correctly, those headers of yours were made by Edelbrock
and called their TES system. I also saw them in the MP catalog way back
when. No longer available from either source as far as I can tell.

Now, concerning your rust......the cheap (labor intensive) solution is sand
blasting and painting with Eastwood's Stainless Steel High Temp Coating. It
is brushable or sprayable. I used some 14 years ago on my exhaust system
and it still looks like new.

Another possible solution to your rust is sending them off to Jet Hot for
ceramic coating. They will sand blast them and coat them inside and out
for a long lasting durable finish. Had my headers done by them back in
'94.

Ray