RE: RE: RE: Failed Colorado Emissions High NOx A little long....

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@dodgetrucks.org)
Date: Wed Aug 13 2008 - 10:43:58 EDT

You really don't need too many miles to get the monitors to run...55mph
steady speed for about 10 miles is normally all it takes. The EVAP monitors
run with the engine OFF and the O2 heater tests run on initial cold startup
(or after sitting for about an hour).

Most newer vehicles will trip the MIL with a high-flow cat...older OBD1
systems are a little more lenient.

- Bernd