Re: RE: RE: Failed Colorado Emissions High NOx A little long....

From: Mike Guzinski (mguzinski@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 13 2008 - 09:12:55 EDT

Thanks Jon, The truck did just with the NOx levels. I didn't have
time to get it all warmed up and get the OBDII properly programed. I
was really discouraged and didn't think it was going to pass. I was
driving the truck over to one of my construction offices and saw there
was no line so stopped in. I was getting to the point where the 10
day free retest period was going to expire. I only had about 20 miles
since the cat change and about 30 since the O2 sensors. It's kinda
hard to put many miles on it since the tags expired since I began
trying to get it to pass. I now have over 150 miles on it and no MIL
from the high flow cat change like some members have had. I have 2
years to see if it passes next time. I think when I get a chance I'll
pull the manifold and clean and put new gaskets on it. Now it's time
to work on the 68 Fury i bought back in March. There was alot of
stuff falling out of the cat when I removed it and I ended up
replacing the muffler (the factory seam was split) as well with a
Dynomax straight through....Sounds sweet and performance may have
improved a little. I'm pretty content with it passing