2008 DML Special Olympics - Saturday Evening

From: SilverEightynine@aol.com
Date: Sat Aug 23 2008 - 20:08:33 EDT

Andy arrived with his Outback wagon sometime in the early afternoon... A trail
ride was organized composed of Adam and JT in the buggy, Mike with his Dak, and
Don and Brittany in the magnum Dakvert. Jon tried to fire up the Willys, but
again carb troubles left it parked. He fetched the Short Bus from the shed and
took Ed with him on the 4-wheeler.

Tom and Andy tackle a brake job on a Subi. Its determined that the rear pads
are misboxed and a parts run heads into town to get replacements. Tom piloting
his 08 Honda Civic, with Andy shotgun and Jason wedged in the back seat.

What gift card?

We return to find the wheeling party still out on the trails. Frozen bolts,
parking brake shoes-in-rotors, and the inability to use the hoist due to the
unibody Subi construction... caused the brake job to linger on to 6:30 pm EST.

Andy reports the Subi brakes excellent!!

Paintball was not in the works for this year again... After scrambling to get
ready, the CO2 tank was discovered to not be full as it should have been. With
only a 700 PSI pressure level, the canister was not filling and size tank.

Oh well - better luck next year!

We're about to fire up a bond fire and the BBQ.

***** This BBQ update brought to you by Harbor Freight Tools! The offical
import tool company of the 2008 DML BBQ!!!