2008 DML Special Olympics - Home safe & sound

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Sun Aug 24 2008 - 14:18:19 EDT

Jon,

Once again, thank you for allowing the annual pilgrimage/invasion. It
was a pleasant trip as always.

My lost bead was due to a malfunctioning hub (that wheel had not been
driving - leading to the slippery hill and mud lane issues), and no
tire damage was done. The mud still in the wheel seems to have broken
up and is doing a decent job of balancing the tire so far. I expect
I'll have to break it down sometime in the future to clean it all out
and add fresh airsoft beads for balancing.

Not to leave myself completely out of carnage, I tweaked my bed corner
and tailgate corner a bit dropping off a rock too quickly when Adam JT
and I were running the creek. Also, 4 miles from home, I lost a front
brake caliper. No damage done, and I had the key I needed to put it
back on. Seemingly ongoing issue... I guess Dodges reject Ford parts
once in a while.

Video pending from JT (I'm impatient for this one!) of my near-roll on
the lower falls. I managed a manual transmission-like grab for
reverse and a judicious application of the skinny pedal saved the
day. I may have a dent in my floorboard under the accelerator but all
else was without damage. My lucky day!

Barry, your wheels are in Tom's Civic, and he has your and Josh's
numbers.

Thanks for a great time everyone, hope your respective journeys are
without issue.

--
Mike Maskalans
cute little Dak