Re: 2008 DML Special Olympics - Home safe & sound

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Sun Sep 07 2008 - 19:33:34 EDT

"Mr. Plow" <adam_is_mr_plow@hotmail.com> wrote:

> It felt super-short to me this year too.
> Possibly because i was very rushed getting to and from the BBQ, dead tired most of the time, and i showed up a good 2 days after I normally get to the HQ. lol

   That might have something to do with it. :-) I think that's
probably part of my experience as well - usually a few folks show up
by Thursday at least, which probably makes it seem longer. I was
rushed as well, and couldn't spend the time I normally do to set up
for the BBQ.

> Even during the days i felt pretty rushed. Maybe because of my excitement with the first rides with the buggy...

   That was very cool. Sure hope we will get to see more of the buggy
at future BBQs!!! (Though we might have to come up with some more
challenging obstacles to prevent you from falling asleep behind the
wheel...) :-)

> I've been strongly considering going back to school to become a teacher, that would allow me to head back to Ontario for a few weeks, maybe a month during the summers in the future.
> And of course that would leave me to get to many of the future BBQ's. :)

   And I thought *I* was good at rationalization. Changing careers in
order to attend the BBQ sure beats any of my past accomplishments -
you are the master! :-)

--
                                          -Jon-