RE: Cold engine puts out more hp/tq...

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@dodgetrucks.org)
Date: Fri Sep 19 2008 - 20:35:04 EDT

The formula (as documented by Chrysler engineering) works as written and
yes, the IAT is a small part of it - but you also have values that the PCM
needs to match: Emissions mainly and also "expected" values. The O2's (STFT
and LTFT) make the biggest difference. Saying that modifying the IAT will
change the amount of fuel used isn't the correct statement - it's used as a
part of the calculation to correct the pulse-width and ignition timing.
Quite a few that have modified the IAT have seen either better performance
and/or better mileage...year/model depending as Chrysler changed the IAT
location in 2003+ models.

What you said: " Your gas mileage will suffer noticeably as well if you do
any of the IAT
sensor mods mentioned." Not true as there are too many variables.

- Bernd