Re: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Cold engine puts out more hp/tq...

From: Barry Oliver (barrysuperhawk@comcast.net)
Date: Sat Sep 20 2008 - 00:42:30 EDT

I hate to perpetuate this but having a 99 myself, I have some input.
When I did the relocation mod originally, I went from about 12 in town
to about 10 in town. This had nothing to do with the mod. It had to do
with than fact that somehow that mod magically added about 10 pounds to
my foot. More power = more foot. When I got my K&N cold air, I put the
IAT back and the perceived power was about the same between the two.
The difference was if I kept my foot out of it, I got most of my mileage
back. Driving like I stole it was the cause of my mileage drop not the
IAT. YMMV [literally]