Dual Alternators

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sat Sep 20 2008 - 18:48:19 EDT

Ok - I've been brushing up on my alternator tech - and as far as I can
tell, it shouldnt be too hard to rig up a 2nd alternator (aside from the
mounting fabrication) My question is, does anyone think the PCM would
have any problem regulating the voltage of two alternators? From what I
remember, the regulator simply monitors voltage, adjusting to compensate
for battery charge levels. It would simply be working two regulators in
tandem right?

I was planning on simple patching a 2nd harness into the existing wire
harness and duplicating it - while beefing up the battery cables
(possibly going to a dual battery system as well - would like to
relocate them to under the frame in the back of Christine - but I'm not
sure I want to run that much cable - if only for the cost involved.
Battery cable starts getting pricey when you get into lengths of 1/O or
bigger.

The white zone is for loading and unloading of passengers only...