Re: '98 battery tray & hold down

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Wed Oct 01 2008 - 00:46:19 EDT

Mike Burgess wrote:
> Had to put a new battery in tonight, and while getting the old one out, the bent tin nut (lower part of the hold down long bolt) gave up the ghost.
> Is this a separate item at the dealer, or do I have to get an entire tray assembly?
>
> Both of the long hold down bolts are pretty shot in the entire thread area too. Suppose I should replace them, are they individual items, or part of the entire battery thermal shield assembly?
>
> At least the new battery (group 27) had a web strap to hoist it with. I just folded it up under the head shield. Put it on the charger, only pulling 2 amps, and I'm sure it will crank in the AM.

Dont have to repalce the tray... if you can - just use a nut and a
washer on the other side... otherwise you can get those "u-nut" style
ratainers at most parts houses. NAPA has em. Need to take the bolt with
you to try and match up the size.

The white zone is for loading and unloading of passengers only...