Re: Tires

From: Dustin Williams (dustinewilliams@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 01 2008 - 01:01:55 EDT

> If your rear tires lock up and your front tires don't, the back end will
> swing around on you. This is why many pick-up trucks only have rear
> wheel anti-lock.

When I had my Corsica in college my brother gave me an old pair of
studded tires with some really aggressive tread. They were fun in the
snow, and I got in the habit of drifting every corner since they were
just on the front, steering, breaking, and power all right there. Of
course when Walla Walla iced up as the snow would try to melt there
were a few occasions where I had a scary moment with the tires locking
up as I approached a stop sign and I had to do some careful peddle and
steering work to keep the rear from going sideways into a car or curb
(I don't remember).

Needless to say when the beast died and I got my Dak having four wheel
drive and all terrain tires was nice.

Dustin