RE: Vacuum Ports 4.7L V8

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@dodgetrucks.org)
Date: Wed Oct 08 2008 - 09:06:23 EDT

P1494 is definitely not a Gas Cap issue - it's an LDP Issue (Leak Detection
Pump). The vacuum fitting you're referring to normally has a vacuum cap in
it and yes...they do either fall off or crack/break off over time.

The VECI Label can be found under the hood - it's normally on the passenger
side on the underside of the hood. If it's not there, you can get a new one
from the dealership (order) and it will have the diagram on there.

- Bernd