Durango lug nut torque?

From: Jon (jon@dakota-truck.net)
Date: Mon Oct 20 2008 - 14:10:04 EDT

  My brother has the newer style Durango (or Durvango, as Tom would
say) ;-) and I'm trying to find the proper lug nut torque. I have
found conflicting info online. I have seen posts from people who say
the service manual says 135ft-lb, but supposedly there is a TSB for
warped rotors or something that revised this to 100. I have seen
neither of the above sources in person, so I'm not sure who to
believe. We have always torqued the wheels to 100 in the past, but a
couple of times, the lug nuts have loosened up. A couple of days ago,
we rotated the tires, torqued to 100 and ALL FOUR loosened. One
actually loosened to the point where he got a wobble that sheared off
a stud.

  The studs on that vehicle look pretty beefy (I haven't measured
them, but they seem larger than the standard 1/2" size to me), so
maybe they are OK with a higher torque. He's got them at 110 right
now.

  This is an '05ish (not sure of exact year offhand, but I can
certainly find out if it makes a difference) Durango with the factory
17" aluminum wheels.

  Can somebody in the know clue me in as to the proper lug nut torque?
obviously, 100 is not cutting it... Should we go right to 135, or
does that seem excessive for aluminum wheels? Compromise around 115
or 120 maybe?

  Thanks!!

--
                                          -Jon-