Re: Future of Dakota..

From: Andy Levy (andy.levy@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 22 2008 - 14:23:13 EDT

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 14:14, Mr. Plow <adam_is_mr_plow@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I don't really understand any sort of rationale from Chrysler wanting to get rid of their small truck line.
> Toyota is becoming the world's largest passenger manufacturer (maybe it is already??) and they had had HUGE success with their small trucks world wide.

I think they're swapping position w/ GM each quarter. One quarter it's
Toy, the next it's GM, then back.

> Why get out of a vehicle segment when others are doing so well in it???
> Instead, make a better product that actually appeals to more people.

Too expensive
Too late
Too long to make it happen

The 2005 Dak redesign was the window of opportunity, and it has closed
(or is closing rapidly). I don't see how Chrysler can matchToyota in
the timeframe that would be needed to "save" anything.