Re: WAS: Future of Dakota.. NOW: MB diesel engine

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@dodgetrucks.org)
Date: Wed Oct 22 2008 - 19:53:52 EDT

I'm actually in the Sprinter class all week and yes, the MB engines
are VERY reliable (much more than Cummins). Plus, their DPF and
Emissions system doesn't fail (it actually works correctly).
 The 3.0L Diesel is the main one we're focused on, but larger and
smaller ones as comparisons.

- Bernd

> In the passenger light truck arena, some of their diesel engines are
EXTREMELY reliable.

> The Adam Blaster
> Two words, figure it out.....
>
> > From: Olznut@aol.com
> > Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 14:12:03 -0400
> > Subject: Re: DML: Future of Dakota..
> > To: aol@dakota-truck.net
> >

> > Oh lovely, ask any truck driver the reputation that the Benz
diesels have in
> > big rigs, you'll BEG to stay with what you got now................
> >
> > In a message dated 10/20/2008 7:43:09 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
> > bernd@dodgetrucks.org writes:
> >
> > And I've also heard from Engineering that the 6.7L may be phased
out due to
> > all the issues with Cummins on the design. Mercedes is the other
vendor
> > that they have talked to.
> >
> > - Bernd
> >
> > **************New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your
destination.
> > Dining, Movies, Events, News & more. Try it out
> > (http://local.mapquest.com/?ncid=emlcntnew00000002)

> Stay organized with simple drag and drop from Windows Live Hotmail.
> http://windowslive.com/Explore/hotmail?
ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_102008