Here comes a rant....

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sat Nov 01 2008 - 18:05:39 EDT

I forgot what a pain in the ass it is to crawl around on the ground
under a truck. The goal was to replace the OD/Lockup solenoid unit and
the gov. solenoid.

I managed to get the valve body dropped on the Ram's transmission - with
some difficulty. The shift linkage was a bitch to get undone.

Get the OD/lockup unit off, go to bolt on the new one I got from work...
the internal electrical connector is wrong. I just layed there staring
at the two connectors for a good 10 minutes. Attempting to come to
terms with this new development.

As the part I got from work was listed for all models back to 1993, I
can only assume my truck must hace something uncommon. And its going to
mean ordering it from a dealer, and paying many manymore times the
amount of money I paid for it at work - not to mention I'm not sure when
I'll finish the job - I have this weekend off and it was supposed to be
finished TONIGHT!

(insert vulgar comment here about the universe and my outlook on such
cosmic events)

The white zone is for loading and unloading of passengers only...