was: High Output Alternator now: extra Battery

From: Barry Oliver (barrysuperhawk@comcast.net)
Date: Fri Nov 14 2008 - 12:41:06 EST

Bernd D. Ratsch wrote:
> Best bet - install an accessory battery to handle the electronics and use
> the highest rating OEM alternator with 1ga or "0"ga straps from the posts to
> Ground and Alternator power.
>
> - Bernd

Anyone have the link for the guy that installed an extra optima under
the passenger side bed rail? I have been strongly considering adding a
second Optima to my truck.

As a secondary question, I currently have a red-top under the hood, but
was thinking maybe a yellow or blue top for the aux battery because I am
planning on running an inverter off it so I can camp without having to
run the truck as often. Any suggestions on yellow or blue?