Re: Need Computer Help This Time

From: Eric (huffy340@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 25 2008 - 23:12:03 EST

On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 21:03:52 -0600 Terrible Tom wrote:

> I'm wondering if I have some hardware failure that I'm not able
> to detect? Should I try a different Linux Distro? This one is a
> 32 bit SMP kernel version - so it shouldnt have problems with the
> quad core...

An easy way to try another distro is run Knoppix from a cd (so you
don't need to install it). I think Mandrake has a cd based one
too. It's been a few years since i payed attention to it, but
Knoppix was known for being one of the best at detecting and
working with hardware. I don't know about support for the 32 bit
processors.

http://www.knoppix.net/

Eric