Re: Need Computer Help This Time

From: Dustin Williams (dustinewilliams@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Nov 27 2008 - 00:13:20 EST

Does the CPU require drivers that aren't included in the install? I
know Windows XP requires drivers to be able to properly handle my
Athalon 64 X2. It's possible that your Linux distribution has support
for one or two cores, but not for four.

I also know that Intel has temperature sensors that will scale down
and even shut down the CPU if it over heats. Higher frequency means
more heat. More heat would shut down the CPU. Another idea that comes
to mind is a faulty CPU.

I'd check on quad core support in the distribution your using, then
try a different distribution, next try Windows, if you have the same
results on each RMA the CPU.