Re: Why we don't own Fords..

From: Dave Wilker (wilkerbeast01@charter.net)
Date: Sat Dec 20 2008 - 02:16:20 EST

It looks like they re-discovered the shortest distance between two points.
The frame on most "modern" trucks are made with wrinkles and notches to fold
up just so when they are crashed. I worked in a body shop once, and we had
an F-150 come in after a bender. We took the bed off, and used a forklift to
raise the frame to facilitate removing the rear differential. Up it
went...Well, at least ONE of the frame rails anyway. Scared the guy on the
forklift, that's for sure.

"If we can not afford to take care of our Veterans, then we should stop
making them"
David C. Wilker Jr.
USAF (RET)